Tuesday 22 May 2012

Edinburgh Marathon this weekend

Hi All,
This weekend coming is the Edinburgh Marathon Festival.  I'm running the marathon on the Sunday, along with Kayleigh Epton and Pete Hansen.  I'm travelling up there with Pete (our wives are running the 10k on the Saturday too!), so we hope to meet up with Kayleigh and her family before the start.  The weather is meant to be around 15 degrees, so not bad conditions…..and on that subject, I thought it might (or might not) be interesting to take a look at my past marathons.  I always go on about how I don't like running in the heat, like most runners I think, so I thought I would go back and record the average daily temperature for all the marathons I've taken part in.  Here are the results, showing times against temperature



so quite a close match between my finishing times and how hot it was!  The very hot one in the middle was actually in Stockholm, which started at 2pm, when the temperature was already in the high 20s!!  Anyway, all other things being equal, and based on the figures, I should do Edinburgh in around 4:15, so watch this space.  Race Report to follow in the next week or so, hopefully with a photo or two!
Have a great 10k on Sunday - we'll be thinking of you!
Cheers, Robin

1 comment:

  1. Robin, were you a clairvoyant in a former life??

    Dee
    28 May 2012

    ReplyDelete