Monday 26 March 2012

Fleet Half-Marathon Race Report

A brief race report from Sunday's Fleet Half Marathon.  Well done to everyone who took part.  Here are the results:

Position
Name
Time
114
Danny Mahoney
01:24:22
343
Pete Hansen
01:35:02
870
Iain McDermott-Paine
01:48:10
914
Martin Cox
01:49:24
1032
Rob Littlejohn
01:52:06
1216
Richard Sherlock
01:55:37
1276
Robin Wakefield
01:56:53

It was a big field this year, over 2250 runners.  Personally, I thought the weather was quite kind - it never got too hot, and there was quite a bit of shade on the course.

I started with Pete Hansen, and it took a good 2 minutes to get to the start line after the gun went off.  Pete shot off ahead of me, and I don't think anyone overtook him!  I steadily made my way past quite a few people, and then settled into my normal pace.  There was good support through the town centre, and all the major junctions, although I thought there could have been one or two more water stops. 

My fastest mile times were from about 3-10 miles, after which I started to feel it.  I hadn't run this route before, as it had changed last year when I was laid up.  I think I enjoyed it more than the old course, especially knowing there was downhill stretch at the end, rather than an uphill one, as there used to be!  I finished in a personal best for Fleet, so I was happy enough, especially as I had stopped for a minute or so at mile 9 to say hello to my daughter and 2 grandchildren!

All the photos are at Runner-Photos

Happy Running... Robin

 



No comments:

Post a Comment